Assistance Today. Excellence Tomorrow.
Mercer Athletics sponsors 18 varsity sports and 400 student-athletes. Many of these athletes receive full or partial athletic scholarships. The 400 Fund is a newly established program to help defray the cost of athletic scholarships. Participation in this program provides the path to becoming a stakeholder in an individual athlete's Mercer experience.
400 Fund Donor List
From: Stone Mountain, GA
From: Dunwoody, GA
From: Norcross, GA
How it works
MAF will pair a donor family with a student-athlete who benefits from the funds raised through the 400 fund.
The student-athlete's scholarship will be a named current use scholarship for the duration of the 3 year commitment.
Each year, the Athletic Foundation will provide special opportunities to interact with the designated student-athletes.
Your commitment Minimum gift of $5,000 / year for 3 years.
From: Dacula, GA
From: Portland, OR
From: Draveil, France
What you get
- Annual dinner with your student-athlete
- Hand-written thank you note from your athlete
- Listing on MercerBears.com 400 Fund page
- All general MAF benefits including BEAR PLUS
- Special 400 Fund appreciation gift
From: Jupiter, FL
Focus: Sports Business
From: Marietta, GA
From: Hayesville, NC
- The Mercer Athletic Foundation will pair each donor with a student-athlete.
- 400 Fund gifts must be received, not pledged, before June 30th each academic year
- All gifts for this program count towards Mercer University lifetime and Athletic Foundation giving, Mercer University capital campaign totals, and BEAR PLUS membership.
- 80/20 Rule: If you choose to accept BEAR PLUS benefits your contribution to the 400 Fund will include upgraded football seating location and parking. Per IRS code, a portion of your gift will not be tax deductible.
- Matching gifts may be used to reach 400 Fund totals.